Saturday, August 17, 2013

Time to Move On

Well folks, I think it's time to put a close to this blog.  I have to admit that I'm a bit sad because I've put a lot into this for 5 years, but honestly, I've grown a bit tired of blogging.  Now don't get me wrong, I love to share photos, but my heart is not in the writing part anymore.  I just don't have a lot to say other than my normal mediocre drivel.

I love to find, photograph and identify, so I have found an alternative that I'm very excited to be doing through Project Noah.  This nature mapping approach is right up my alley and seems to be the direction I will be going for awhile.  I love the fact that I can map out my sightings and include any data that goes with each species.  I can export and view my entire sighting map on Google Earth.  This just really appeals to me, and I love the fact that I can catalog my sightings for future reference.

I won't drop off the map completely, as I will continue visiting all the blogs that I follow, but just wanted to thank everyone, especially TrailBlazer and Casey for always commenting on what I have to offer.  You guys are awesome!

Here are a few parting shots of some of my sightings.  Enjoy and see you on your blogs!

Cicada Killer

 Crab Spider with Prey

 Fire-Colored Beetle

 Ambush Bug

 Jumping Spider -Phidippus putnami

 Female Scorpion Fly

Spined Soldier Bug Nymphs and Eggs

I'll be keeping my blog up however, in case I feel I've made a mistake in the future:)  Safety nets are always nice.  Adios!

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

8 comments:

Joe said...

Sorry to see you go Bill. Always enjoyed your posts.

knapperbill said...

Thanks Joe, that means a lot. It's just time for a change for me. Much appreciated and I'll be stopping by your blog every now and then.

Bill

Casey said...

That's too bad, Bill, but I definitely know how you feel. This project looks like it really is up your alley, though. I hope things go well. Maybe drop in here when you've found something that isn't logged on the Noah site to let us know. Excellent photos, btw..

Alyssa Johnson said...

Too bad to see you "go" I enjoyed our brief interactions. Good luck!

knapperbill said...

Thank you Casey, very much. I'm glad we crossed paths and I'll still be around to visit you on your blog. Thanks again for being a consistent reader and keep up the good work on your blog!

Bill

knapperbill said...

Thanks Alyssa! I'll still be reading of your awesome adventures, and I'll try and comment a little more than I have!

Trailblazer said...

Hey Bill!

Have been swamped lately and just saw that youa re leaving.

Bummer! Will be sad not to see your beautiful pictures, but am glad you still have something to be passionate about.

Hope to still hear from you on my blog, buddy!

knapperbill said...

Thanks Trailblazer! I'm really glad we have crossed paths and I will always read your blog as long as you continue it. I'll definitely be stopping by. Thanks for the kind words.

Bill

Post a Comment

Avançar Inicio
 

Topo
Site Meter