Saturday, July 6, 2013

More Bugs and Birds

I got to go over to the Hennepin Visitor Center this morning.  I haven't been over there since March, so I was excited to see what I could find.  I brought along my macro lens just in case, and I am glad I did.  I wasn't seeing any deer or turkeys, so I had to resort to the bugs again:)

Asian Lady Beetle

Assassin Bug Egg Cluster

Blue Dasher Dragonfly

Flower Crab Spider

Flower Longhorn Beetle

Unidentified Fly

I just love closeups of flies, as disgusting as they are.

Green Immigrant Leaf Weevil

Other than insects, I did get a couple of other non-arthropodal creatures.

Gray Catbird in the shadows.

Gray Tree Frog- This guy was so tiny, I used my macro lens on him.  Not much bigger than a milkweed beetle!

House Wren


.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

2 comments:

Trailblazer said...

Dragonfly eyes are amazing! These macro photos are incredible!

knapperbill said...

Thanks Trailblazer! I agree about the dragonfly eyes! I can' resist trying to get closer every time. I need to get up earlier in the morning if I want that to happen. The heat gets them moving!

Bill

Post a Comment

Voltar Avançar Inicio
 

Topo
Site Meter